-->

Thursday, September 9

Boobs, Beer Bottles, and Bananas...

So for those of you not in the know, apparently someone decided that fruit would be a fabulous way to give expectant mommas an idea of the size of their growing babies. For example, in weeks 3-4 Baby T was roughly the size of a sweet pea. By the end of week 15, he/she was the size of a naval orange. Now as I excitedly told Kevin each week what new fruit our baby was, he began looking more and more unimpressed. I was determined to find a way to get him excited about our growing  fruit  baby. So I did what any Generation X-Y-Z person would do... I googled it. And lo and behold I found this...“Tarzan’s Ultimate Guide To Baby Sizes Week-By-Week For Soon-To-Be Fathers” Printed it out and just like that, Kevin got excited about his growing  power tool  sports ball   manly item  baby. He looked forward to crossing out each week on the printout that has since hung on our fridge. Well this past Sunday, I finally passed the halfway mark of this sweet pregnancy and much to Kevin's chagrin he had to cross out Week 20's description..."Mmmm... Memories. This week your baby is now the size of one nice-sized boob." and the picture that went along with it. Bummer, right? The only thing that made him feel a little better was the Coors Light he promptly grabbed from the fridge and the observation that this week I'm growing a beer bottle for a baby. Oh joy. Just what I needed, another reminder that I can't enjoy my alkeehawl. ;) I think I'm just going to stick with the fruit of the week and picture my little  banana  baby-dressed-in-a-banana-suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment