-->

Monday, October 11

Let there be LIGHT!

According to my pregnancy books... "This week, baby's eyes, which until now were developing under fused eyelids, start to open. Of course, there's not much to see in there, but if your baby spots a bright light near your belly, you may notice an increase in activity." I've definitely noticed when there's loud sounds {like Frankie barking or listening to a live band play} Baby T moves around a whole lot, so we were really interested to see if our little eggplant ,work boot ,baby would react to light as well. So Kevin went rooting around and found a mini maglight and the experiment began. It took a couple seconds to figure out where baby was positioned, but once we did, on went the flashlight.... and tBaby moved! We wanted to make sure it wasn't a coincidence, so we turned off the flashlight and then turned it back on. We did this a few times, and each time our sweet baby moved, kicked, and punched when the flashlight was turned on and went still when it was turned off! It was such a cool experience for us. Muuuch more enjoyable than seeing my belly move like there's an alien about to claw its way out of there! {Or as Michael calls it, a sasquatch!} Baby is definitely feeling more like a sasquatch than the eggplant it supposedly is right now. Need proof? Check out this baby bump...


Yeah, in one week {since the fair picture was taken} my bump grew by 2 inches! *Insert gulp here* My expanding belly is really starting to make us realize how little time is left in this sweet pregnancy. And while it hasn't always been butterflies and rainbows, I have just loved being pregnant. And lucky for me, Kevin actually loves me in all my achey, craving, can't-take-off-the-above-cowboy-boots-without-his-help pregnant glory. How blessed am I? :)

1 comment:

  1. That is totally sweet! (Everything, but mainly referring to the end part about Kevin) You really have yourself a wonderful guy, I hope I am as fortunate when Travis and I get to that point!

    ~Cherry

    ReplyDelete