-->

Thursday, December 16

BIG.

News and baby that is.

The big news? As of 5:30pm today, I will be a stay-at-home wife. Well, until the baby comes anyways. Then I'll be a stay-at-home mommy. :) I know, I know. Quite a change from working as sweet S&A's nanny and bringing Baby T with me, but this is a step we've always wanted me to take. Thanks to the lovely pregnancy hormones though, I have a little trouble not going all Eyeore-pessimistic about this change. At times, this step feels more like a giant leap where I can't quite see the landing and so I envision that I'm just going to free-fall thousands of miles to my death instead of landing on my feet - which by the way, I can no longer see due to the massive amounts of baby exploding from my stomach (more on that later). But hormonal self aside, we're very thankful that Kevin is able to support all of us (we live fairly frugally) and we're just really excited about me getting to be at home to raise our growing family. :)

The big baby? Well, that's no surprise. I had another doctor's appointment today and once again, Baby is measuring ahead - this time, at about 37-38 weeks. {I'm only 34 weeks.} I met the newest doctor of the practice today - the son of the doctor who called my uterus a "mansion" a few weeks ago. He was very sweet - all of the doctors are really. I feel like whichever doctor is on call when I go into labor is going to take great care of us, which is really comforting. :) Anywaysss, back to the appointment. The son-doctor today said that he "thinks the baby isn't as big as we're all scared of it being" since Baby is all out in front and hasn't begun to 'drop' yet, so that may be throwing the measurements off. {Don't worry, I gave him grief for using the word "scared"... well, and for his dad calling me "huge". He says he gets razzed a lot because of his dad. Haha} Another great appointment down and another one scheduled in two weeks. The sonogram is still scheduled for 3 weeks from today, so we'll see then how big this roly poly is. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment