-->

Monday, July 19

Lots to Update!

Whew! So after an eventful last week, we've officially made it to the 2nd trimester!! WOOHOO!!! Both Kevin and I are just so grateful that our little family-to-be is still intact. :)

Last Tuesday, after a scary incident at my parents' house followed by a trip to the local E.R., I wad diagnosed with having a subchorionic hemmorage. Basically, bleeding between Baby and me. No bueno. I was put on strict bed rest until further notice.

SIDE NOTE : Our family and friends have been so supportive through all this. Y'alls thoughts and prayers were loud and clear and have given us so much strength. My Aunt Stacy, 'big' little brother Mark, and cousin Nathan put many smiles on my face while they hung out with me on bedrest. Friends Caleb, Julie, Andi, and Kristen definitely helped lighten the mood as well. And my mom. Oh goodness. I'll never be able to express how thankful I am for her. Ever.

Okay, back to business. So last Friday, I saw a pregnancy sonogram specialist {at my doctor's request} and everything looked great!!! No new bleeding and everything was healing up and disappearing. :)

{For this little story, I'll be using '"he/him/his" for the sake of having to he/she it all or using "it" and making Baby sound like an alien. We have no idea if T-Baby is a boy or girl.} This is the first sonogram we've had where he actually looks like a baby and not a blob! Haha He was all curled up asleep with his hands by his face. So sweet. :) The sono tech was trying to get him to wake up and move around, but he was NOT having it! Every time the tech poked him, he kicked her! LOL Super stubborn already... Although whether that means he's like his momma or daddy is still up for debate in our household! ;)

So I'm on modified bed rest this week and if all keeps going well, it's back to work next Monday! We go back to the specialist next Friday {July 30} and have our monthly appointment the following Tuesday {Aug. 3}. We'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

  1. Stubborn? Are you serious? When you don't want to do something you're exactly like a pushme pullyou. So make no mistake, his/her stubbornous is a maternal gene. 8-D> Gdad

    ReplyDelete
  2. bed-stricken or not, "apples to apples" will be played long into the night once again! hopefully soon! xoxo!

    <3Andi

    ReplyDelete