-->

Wednesday, November 3

1st Letter

Ever since I first read about writing a letter to the baby-to-be years ago, I always planned on doing it with my own. I enjoyed the looking back and looking ahead as I wrote this, but it made me quite emotional. It has been such a wonderful experience carrying Baby T. It hasn't always been comfortable and worry-free, but I L-O-V-E being pregnant. I think it suits me. (( And don't you dare tell me otherwise! ;) )) So without further adieu, I share with you Baby T's first letter...


Dear Sweet Baby Trammell,

I can't believe that the time is almost here. Just a little over eleven more weeks until your birthday and the thought of holding you in my arms is something that I just can't comprehend. When I told your daddy that you were were growing inside me, I knew that our lives would never be the same -- and I was right! Ever since that day in May, you have been on my mind all the time. At first, I think I was most amazed at how blessed we were to not have struggled with getting pregnant. I knew at that moment that you had to be someone very special. Someone who there would be great plans for.

I became obsessed with how you were growing and developing. Even though the exhaustion, queasiness, and aches haven't been fun, I've loved knowing when you were the size of a blueberry, the size of an orange, when you were getting eyelashes, when you were practicing breathing, and so much more. When I read about those things, and thought about you inside of me, I couldn't help but be so thankful for the miracle of you!

As I was in the homestretch of the first trimester, your daddy and I were so scared we were going to lose you. But you're such a fighter! Every single night your daddy and I would ask you to hang in there and not let go and to keep your heart beating strong and to tell you how much we loved you. After what seemed like forever, not only did we hear that you were a wonderfully healthy baby, but our sweet little ____! Your daddy and I were so excited to pick a name for you and start calling you by it. When we came across your name, it just fit and we hope you'll think so too! We were so excited to start buying things for you - and did our best to restrain ourselves to your precious "coming home outfit" and a few practical (but adorable!!) long sleeved onesies since it'll will be cold when you arrive!

As my belly gets bigger and our doctor's appointments come and go, I love being pregnant more and more. Each visit to hear your heartbeat is a precious memory for your daddy and me - something we always look forward to. Your heart has always beat so strongly and "perfectly". We love hearing the doctors say that word about you!

My absolute favorite thing about carrying you is feeling you move. It is truly the most amazing thing I have ever experienced. From the first little 'bubbles' to the crazy kicks, flips, and earthquake-like movements I feel now, I love them all!!! I tell your daddy that I wish he could be pregnant for just a moment so he could feel you moving. You are so alive and feeling you wiggle and squirm always makes me smile. You love music (especially country it seems, which makes your daddy so proud!), when I laugh loudly, and for some reason, about 11 p.m. These are the times I feel you the most. Every day I tell your daddy to hurry over to me so he can feel you move. He always always always loves it as much as me!

And about your daddy... Oh, how you're going to love him! He is the most amazing man you will ever meet and he loves you so much already. He has taken such good care of us during these precious months and has bragged on us to anyone and everyone from the very beginning. I can't wait to see him hold you. To say he is going to be an amazing daddy to you is such an understatement. He is going to love and encourage you in so many ways. With him, you will always have someone caring for you, making you laugh, teaching you, and always being the best he can be for you and for our family -- I hope one day you truly realize just how lucky you are to have him as your daddy.

So, as the next few months creep by, I will be doing everything I can to get ready for your birthday and will be hanging on to every moment of being pregnant with you. I truly can't wait to hold you, to kiss you, to look into your eyes, and to fall into that 'fierce motherly love' that I don't quite understand yet. Thank you for being such a fighter in my tummy and for letting me experience this miracle. I love you.

Hugs & Kisses,
Mommy

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, honey. I love you and our little wiggle worm so much.

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of someone doing this for their baby, I'm really glad that you shared this. Now I have else to look forward to when the time comes for a Baby P to come along.

    I really am so very happy for you and Kevin both. You have been like a sister to me and I love you so incredibly much. I never was able to share with my sister during this time in her life, I feel blessed to know you and to have the opportunity to share in this blessing of your own.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete